Football Wagering Odds


Brett Favre takes jet to Green Bay, hangs out, flies back

In his first public appearance in Green Bay since he retired from the NFL in 2010, Favre appeared at his eponymous steakhouse in town which was packed to the gills, per reports for a fundraiser for Rawhide Boys Ranch, a local home for troubled youth founded by former Packers quarterback Bart Starr, who is battling ill health.

Favre kicked off the 30-minute chat alongside Steve Young with five big words.

"It's exciting to be back," Favre said.

[Join's $2M Week 15 fantasy league: $25 to enter; top 17,475 teams paid]

Favre's appearance was a surprise. Earlier in the day, media reports swirled that Favre was on his way to Green Bay but that he did not plan to attend the Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons. He was believed to have left soon after the presentation with Young to return back to his home in Mississippi.

Favre did not speak with the media afterward, and the next time he might be seen in Green Bay could be next season when he's expected to be inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame, along with a ceremony that has been years in the making with a few bumps on the road.

It appears that Favre and the franchise are on the best terms now that they have been since his left the Packers in 2008.
"Obviously the history with my departure from Green Bay and all those things has made wonderful news, good or bad," Favre said, "but I think we're well beyond that."

The fans certainly were. His steakhouse was packed, and fans heard Favre and Young trade stories about their battles together, former Packers and 49ers coach Steve Mariucci and other tales of yore. The audience ate it all up.

Just as the fans will eat up Favre's return for his July induction into the Packers' Hall, along with a ceremony at a regular-season game in 2015 to retire his jersey. Expect the good times to be there once again, like they were ever so briefly on Monday.

NFL roundup: Who survived the final cutdown?

Fellow first-round draft picks Vince Young, Brady Quinn and David Carr also were among the cuts as NFL teams trimmed their rosters to 53 players Saturday.
The New England Patriots waived Tebow, who failed in his bid to make Bill Belichick keep a third quarterback behind Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett.
END OF A CAREER?: Patriots cut Tebow
The Green Bay Packers released Young, leaving them without a clear backup to Aaron Rodgers.
The Seattle Seahawks kept Tarvaris Jackson as Russell Wilson's backup over Quinn.
And the New York Giants kept three quarterbacks for the first time since 2007, but it'll be Curtis Painter and rookie Ryan Nassib backing up Eli Manning instead of Carr.
ROOTING FOR TEBOW: Coach John Fox has faith in QB
BELL: Patriots doomed popular player
Other experienced quarterbacks cut included Jimmy Clausen by the Carolina Panthers, Seneca Wallace by the San Francisco 49ers and John Skelton by the Cincinnati Bengals.
As for the Bills, they cut quarterback Thaddeus Lewis, who was acquired from the Detroit Lions last weekend, one day after cutting Matt Leinart another first-round pick and placing Kevin Kolb on injured reserve.
That leaves rookie first-round draft pick E.J. Manuel, who is recovering from minor knee surgery, and undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel as the only quarterbacks on the roster.
Could there be hope for Tebow yet?
Green Bay in need of backup QB
Vince Young appeared to have won that job last week when the Packers released Graham Harrell, but Young's hold on the job didn't last. He was released Saturday morning as the Packers began trimming their roster.
Young used his Twitter account to thank the Packers: "Thanks to the Packers for the opportunity. Great organization, great team, wonderful fans. Good luck this season," Young wrote on his Twitter account.
The Packers signed Young, a first-round pick by Tennessee in 2006, spent last year out of football after being cut by Philadelphia. He was signed by the Packers on Aug. 5. Young's departure leaves the Packers with B.J. Coleman as the only quarterback behind Aaron Rodgers.
Team also released Alex Green, their leading rusher in 2012. The 25-year-old rushed for 464 yards on 135 yards (3.4 average) in 12 games last season. But he suffered a concussion in December and was replaced by DuJuan Harris, who was placed on injured reserve this week because of a knee injury.
The Packers are moving forward with rookies Eddie Lacy and Jonathan Franklin, plus James Starks, who was their leading rusher in 2011 and ran for 255 yards in six games last season.
Carolina Panthers release QB Jimmy Clausen
Quarterback Jimmy Clausen and cornerback Drayton Florence became the latest victims of first-year Carolina Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman's roster housecleaning.
Clausen was drafted to be the Panthers future three years ago in the second round by then Panthers general manager Marty Hurney. But that future was derailed by the selection of 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton. This preseason Clausen, who was due to earn $630,000 this season, was beaten out by backup Derek Anderson.
Pittsburgh Steelers waive Jonathan Dwyer
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller took a big step in his return from Week 15 torn anterior and medial collateral cruciate ligaments with Saturday's activation from the physically unable to perform list, meaning the two-time Pro Bowler can begin practicing with his teammates.
The team's 2012 MVP led the Steelers with 71 receptions and tied for the team lead with 8 touchdown catches last season.
In other roster moves, the Steelers waived running back Jonathan Dwyer, who had been running first team much of the preseason following a sprained foot suffered by second-round rookie Le'Veon Bell.
Dwyer was among 22 players cut. His release means former Dallas Cowboy Felix Jones has made the roster for now. He was acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles in an Aug. 23 trade for backup linebacker Adrian Robinson.
Veteran punter Brian Moorman, formerly of the Buffalo Bills, also was cut, meaning incumbent Drew Butler won their preseason competition.
49ers derail Austin Collie's comeback
Austin Collie's comeback with the San Francisco 49ers won't have a happy ending. The 27-year-old has dealt with concussion issues and played in only one game last season with the Indianapolis Colts because of a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee.

Ryan Lilja out in Denver

The Broncos lured offensive lineman Ryan Lilja out of a brief NFL retirement for the chance to play one more year with Peyton Manning. They never wound up playing another game together.

Lilja, Manning's longtime teammate in Indianapolis, was among the players released by the Broncos. Lilja rarely took any snaps with the first-team offense in training camp and missed two preseason games with a knee injury.
He played in Thursday's preseason finale, with Manning watching from the sideline with the rest of the starters.
The Broncos also cut two of their seven draft picks Saturday and placed another on injured reserve as they trimmed their roster to 53. Fifth-round pick receiver Tavarres King and sixth-round offensive tackle Vinston Painter both will be placed on waivers, though both are candidates for the practice squad should they go unclaimed. Fifth-round pick defensive end Quanterus Smith was placed on injured reserve.
"As you get better you have less slots. That's the situation we're running into," Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway said. "The rookies these days they have to get on board fast, mature fast, which is tough to do for some. Our goal is always to keep them, but that's why you have competition, too."
Colts cut two of Polian's draft picks
The Indianapolis Colts severed ties with two more of former team vice chairman Bill Polian's draft picks, waiving offensive lineman Ben Ijalana and defensive tackle Drake Nevis.
They were the Colts' second- and third-round picks in the 2011 draft, Polian's last before the hiring of general manager Ryan Grigson. The only remaining member of that draft class is tackle Anthony Castonzo, the first-rounder.
Other notable names among the Colts' cuts included safety Larry Asante, linebacker Monte Simmons and quarterback Chandler Harnish.

San Diego Chargers release WR Meachem

The San Diego Chargers released veteran receiver Robert Meachem despite his $5 million guaranteed base salary for 2013. The 28-year-old Meachem signed a four-year, $25 million contract in March 2012 that included $14 million guaranteed. But he caught only 14 passes for 207 yards and two touchdowns last season, then suffered a concussion in Thursday's preseason finale.

Patriots waive Jermaine Cunningham

For the second time in four days, the New England Patriots have given up on one of their recent second-round draft picks.
On Saturday, the team waived defensive end Jermaine Cunningham, the No. 53 overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Florida. He appeared in 36 games (24 starts), recording 3 sacks and forcing two fumbles. The Patriots also cut punter Zoltan Mesko, a fifth-round pick from the 2010 draft. They're going with undrafted rookie Ryan Allen instead.
Other moves:
_ Facing the prospect of being out of work for the second time in six months, veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield informed the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday he intends to retire. The Seahawks gave him $1 million guaranteed on a one-year deal in hopes of bringing toughness to the nickel position, but they had younger options for depth in Walter Thurmond, Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane.
_ Adrian Wilson will spend his first year with the New England Patriots on injured reserve. Wilson, the longtime Arizona Cardinals safety, suffered a hamstring injury late in the preseason and had been on the roster bubble after playing with the Patriots' backups for much of the offseason.
_ Quarterback-turned-receiver Joe Webb made the Minnesota Vikings' 53-man roster, at least for now. The 26-year-old Webb was drafted as a receiver in the sixth round of the 2010 draft out of UAB. But then-coach Brad Childress moved him back to quarterback after rookie camp. The Vikings experimented with Webb in multiple roles during the 2011 season, when he has his only NFL catch for 9 yards. But they didn't move him to receiver full time until this offseason.
Contributing: Lindsay H. Jones and Jim Corbett

D.J. Fluker's Twitter account was hacked, agent claims

A statement posted on Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker's Twitter account early Tuesday morning came out of nowhere. It couldn't have been more poorly timed, as Fluker prepares for the biggest week of his life with the 2013 NFL Draft only two days away.

"Yea I took $ n college so wat. I did wat i had to do," Fluker wrote. "Agents was tryin to pimp me so I pimped them. Cast da 1st stone."

The tweet since has been deleted. In fact, Fluker's entire Twitter account has been deactivated.

2015 Kentucky Derby Odds

Kentucky Derby week is one of the most thrilling times of the year. This race is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" for its approximate time length.

Check 2015 KY Derby Schedule May 1 and 24 at

Odds to Win 2015 Kentucky Derby

Get a $100 Free Bet - Paid Cash - No rollovers

Who has the “Stones” to Gather Moss?

After his postgame tirade Sunday in which he blasted Vikings’ coaches & praised the Patriots, Randy Moss finds himself on waivers and on the verge of being on his third different team (maybe) this regular season. Oddsmakers at have put up a Prop on “Where Randy Moss will Next Play Football.”

“One team that makes a lot of sense for Moss to end up is St. Louis” says Spokesman Dave Staley. “The Rams are decimated with injuries at wide receiver (Mark Clayton & Donnie Avery both on IR). Also, this team has a legitimate chance to win the NFC West, and adding a player such as Moss could just be enough to get them into the postseason. That’s the Rams’ have been installed as one of the favorites to acquire Moss, with odds of 3/1”

While Moss did have incredible numbers (among these 50 Touchdown Catches) in his 3+ years in New England, his 2010 stats have been very subpar. In seven games this season, Moss only has 22 receptions, 5 TDs, & 313 receiving yards (which comes out to less than 40 yards/game).

With the worst record in the league, the Buffalo Bills (0-7) would get first opportunity to sign the controversial Moss.

Staley added “We have San Diego as the current +250 favorite to obtain Randy Moss, as they are another team that has numerous injuries at wideout. Plus, if they sign Moss, it will help ease some of the pain of the Vincent Jackson holdout debacle. “ Staley concluded that “Buffalo or Dallas are longshots to land Randy Moss, as they have virtually no chance to make the playoffs, so why waste money?”

To see the betting odds for the Randy Moss prop head over to now.